At !K7 we are committed to upholding responsible and sustainable practices both internally and externally. We want to create an internal environment where people feel safe and do as little harm as possible to the environment around us. We work collaboratively as a team and with our partners in the industry to achieve this. It is our belief that our economy has created an enormous amount of wealth on the basis of burning fossil fuels and that we owe it to the next generation to fix this harm.
Our work on both Diversity and Inclusion and Environmental Impact is led by staff working groups and we continually evaluate our performance in these areas. All our team members are encouraged to be part of this conversation.
Diversity and Inclusion
- We strive for a workplace where all employees feel heard, valued and fairly treated regardless of their race, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity, ability, mental and physical health, experience or responsibility level.
- Discrimination and harassment will not be tolerated and we have clear guidelines in place to prevent this as part of our Code of Conduct.
- We work with industry bodies including AIM and IMPALA to develop industry standards for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- We are engaged in a community project in our Berlin, Wedding neighbourhood working with local young people to both share our knowledge and learn from our neighbours.
- Through our Climate Working group we have developed a company-wide target to achieve net zero in the near future and significantly reduce the environmental impact of our operations
- We are actively working alongside groups including AIM and IMPALA to develop industry-wide sustainable practises and public policy advocacy.
- Our energy use and carbon footprint is monitored and analysed across all our operations. The !K7 office is supplied by a 100% green energy co-operative and we place a strong focus on energy use reduction. Additionally all our servers are run on green energy.
- The working group places a strong focus on production and distribution, researching and developing strategies to reduce our environmental impact in these areas. These include using sea freight instead of air, switching to FSC paper packaging and an overstock programme to avoid destruction of vinyl.
For a more detailed breakdown of our environmental initiatives please get in touch.