We are an international team with staff originating from twelve countries based across three cities. Our team is comprised of specialists in physical and digital distribution, marketing, sync, licensing, finance, management, software development and design.
Everyone who works here loves independent music and our team also work on numerous side-projects including radio shows, club nights, DJ gigs, podcasts and live performances. This personal passion translates into how we approach our work: with sensitivity, commitment and in-depth understanding of music and culture.
A friendly and open office culture is very important to us as a result we aim to maintain a relaxed and open atmosphere with minimal hierarchies across all three of our sites.
Our head office is based in Berlin’s Wedding district part of the Silent Green cultural quarter. With a UK office in South London and a US team in Dumbo, Brooklyn. We work primarily in English.
Artist Manager (full time)
Location: Berlin / London
Salary: Competitive dependent upon experience
!K7 Music are seeking an experienced Artist Manager. The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in artist management, with demonstrated successes from their rosters past or present. This role is a great opportunity to shape the businesses of a roster of incredible artists, as well as the future of the growing management business of !K7.
The role requires:
- Taking lead in the execution of projects concerning all areas of artists’ core businesses, including international touring, recording campaigns, brand & commercial partnerships, and beyond
- Sound knowledge of various areas of an artist’s business affairs – legal and financial – as well as current issues and topics affecting the wider music industry
- Daily artist management tasks supported by an assistant, plus broader strategic thinking in partnership with the head of department
- A well curated international network of industry contacts
- Well honed artist liaison skills and communication skills with wider internal and external team members; proven ability to prioritise tasks
At !K7 we value within our team:
- Ability to work within a team of advisors and to contribute to plans for achieving the goals of our artists and business
- Interest in continually improving our systems and working practices collectively at the company
- A moral-minded, professional and forward thinking outlook for the businesses of our artists and therefore of !K7
- The opportunity to work with significant current artists at various levels of development, supported by a friendly, values-oriented international team, including experienced colleagues based across our three offices in Berlin, London and New York
- Our active support in your training and further education
- Subsidised Urban Sports Club membership
More about !K7:
!K7 Artist Management proudly represents a roster of artists from a range of socio-economic backgrounds, ethnicities, and gender and sexual orientations. It is our aim to better reflect these characteristics in our management team. We therefore actively encourage and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and communities which are under-represented in our company at present.
We support our artist roster with innovative and creative approaches across the music value chain, working closely with the other departments of the company including Marketing, Sales & Distribution, and Licensing. !K7’s current artist roster can be seen at k7.com/artist-management
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 30th October 2020.
We offer internships in our Berlin, London and New York offices, all internships must be a required component of your studies.